I always try to be considerate of others and would hope that would be reciprocated but more often than not it isn't. I find myself fighting the urge to give these people a clip around the back of the head and from somewhere within my personal history, genes and through generations of women utter the immortal words of:
"lift your feet when you walk"
"it is not "wha?!" it is WH-AT!"
In a way that is so arresting that people pick their feet up when they walk, hold doors open, say "Please" and say "Thank You" and rediscover their manners.
Here are some of the things I wish people would do . . .
- Hold the door open for someone when its clear they are about to go into the same room as you
- Say Please and Thank You
- Don't ignore someone when they are speaking to you
- Pick your feet up when you walk
- Park your car with consideration for other residents
- Pick up after your dog
- Apologise when you bump into someone