I made Chilli Jam. I think I might have mentioned this yesterday.
It looks fantastic. We are still to taste it though so fingers crossed it tastes as good as it looks. Oatcakes and cheese. Yummy!
What is worth mentioning for anyone considering making this fabulously looking treat please take the following advise very seriously:
1. Use a processor.
2. If you don't have a food processor then for the love of all things culinary use rubber gloves.
I don't have a food processor.
I didn't use rubber gloves.
Today I exfoliated my hands in salt.
Rinsed them in cold water.
And then spent 40 minutes with my hands in a bowl of milk shouting instructions through to husband in the kitchen on how to deal with the biscotti.
The shortbread is off the list. Christmas Star buscuits, biscotti and the jam. . .
I made the jam last night and 24 hours later I am only just getting over a new kind of burn. Oh and did I mention that i am not allergic to chilli's.
Scarily the advise on line was to use bleach. Neat.
I'll repeat that: neat bleach.
That is not bleach that is pretty cool but straight unadulterated bleach. On your skin. To remove the remnants of chilli.
I finely, very finely chopped 3 bags of red, deseeded chilli's to the tune of 150g. And have spent all of Sunday recovering from it.
PLEASE USE A FOOD PROCESSOR OR RUBBER GLOVES!!!!!!