Sunday 24 June 2012

Conversations with a Graduate (1)

me: "Can you see the number? It's in the middle of the excel sheet"

graduate: "No"

me: "Do you have the right file open"

graduate: "Yes, I am in it as read only because you are in it"

me: "What tab are you on?"

graduate: "Sheet 1"

me: "Yes, me too"


pause.

Me thinking of how to navigate the graduate to the middle of the screen


me: "O.k What do you see in the top left of the spreadsheet"

graduate: "January"

me: "O.K so we are looking for May, can you see it now, in the middle of the spreadsheet"


pause.

A very long one as I wait for the graduate to find the number and not completely loose the will to live.



graduate: "YES, found it. Gosh that took a long time to get to"

me: "Yes, did you have a big night out last night?"

graduate: "Yes"


pause.

I now move into anger management mode.



me: "Maybe not such a good idea on a school night"

No comments:

Post a Comment